Monday, August 9, 2010

It all depends on how you look at it

Dateline: Moscow burning

What a difference editorial prejudice can make.  Both of these pictures are associated with stories on the record death rate in Moscow, thanks to summer heat and wildfire smog.

Unhappy news.  This pic appears with the 
Huffington Post rendition of the standard AP story.
Happy news.  This pastoral image nicely 
crops out the sky and accompanies a Terence
Neilan story that may be a rewrite of AP
on behalf of AOL.

I'm thinking there needs to be a song.  it could just be that the Philly Folk Festival is happening in less than two weeks and I'm wondering why I hadn't gone at all in the years I lived closer.

Oh, I remember now.  Someone couldn't let me out of their sight and wanted me around all the time while most of their time was spent working with clever, interesting people and mine was spent in isolation waiting for the scraps.

But this is definitely not about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome comments, especially the funny kind.